Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Hey Everyone!

Here I am again, forgetting what I've done this past week. Sorry. Plus I'm running super short on time. But, I'll try to whip this out fast.
We had stake ZDM this week and it went really well. Super spiritual. The emphasis was working with members. Members, which most of you are, really need to work with missionaries more. I'm gonna be blunt and not sugar coat it. If you haven't been working with the missionaries to the best of your capabilities and capacity, you need to realign your priorities. I love you all, but I cannot tell you how valuable you are to the missionaries. This is the work of the Lord. You can either be apart of it, or get left behind in the dust.
Alright, since that lecture is over, we saw a super great tender mercy this week. We were out walking and talking, or as it is now known, Seeking with Faith-ing, we were having a super hard time. Everyone was just... rude. It was extremely hot and both Sister Meza and I were feeling dehydrated. We talked to this one guy who I'm pretty sure was from outer darkness (okay not quite, but close) and we were walking away and were going to cut the time short and go home. But, something inside me said "It's okay. Just keep pushing through, and it'll be worth it". So, we did. We were walking by this guy on the phone, so we silently went up to get him a card. He mouths at us "Would you like some water?" and of course, we quickly accepted because we were dying. He then grabbed us ICE COLD water bottles and gave them to us. This probably doesn't sound like much to you guys, but to Sister Meza and I, it was confirmation that the Lord really does know us, our needs, our struggles, and our circumstances. Plus, He works in the smallest details of our lives and loves us more than we can imagine. #TenderMercy
Karen, our solid investigator, got super sick. She was sent to the ER after going to an urgent care, and was placed on Oxygen and they kept her in the hospital overnight. It turns out, she has pneumonia, bronchitis, a sinus infection, and a couple other things I can't remember. She asked for a blessing, so we arranged one for her, and she asked that we be there. So, we went and the Elder who found her originally was the one to give her a blessing. It was one of the most beautiful blessings I have ever heard. There was not a dry eye in the room. Karen was pretty much bawling and said that the blessing said things that touched the deepest part of her heart. It was amazing. God truly does know us. He knows everything. We need to turn to him every chance we get.
Well, that's about it. I hope you guys have a great week. Sorry, no pictures this time.
Love, 
Sister Roberts

No comments:

Post a Comment