Tuesday, March 29, 2016

The Week of The Gift of the Holy Ghost, Elote, and Packing

Hello all!
Well.... the time has come. I'm moving from my baby area, Hemet. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I'm moving to Corona. As far as I've heard, it's a half bike, half car area. My new companion is going to be Sister Meza. Meanwhile, the ward I'm currently in is being split back in half. Sister Garlitz is staying here and her new companion is Sister Blanchard. Sister Moore is going to Anza to finish Sister Rodriguez's training. And two elders are coming in to our ward. So, the ghetto apartment we live in now is being given to the Elders along with bikes, and the sisters are moving to a wayyyyy nicer apartment in a different ward, and they get to keep the car. :) It's going to be interesting, but great!
Linda was confirmed yesterday and received the gift of the Holy Ghost! She is doing INCREDIBLE. The best part of being a missionary, in my opinion, is getting to see people's lives turn around and get SO much better as they lean upon Jesus Christ. It's incredibly humbling and touching. It really builds your own testimony as you teach them. It helps you remember and see first hand how the Gospel of Jesus Christ honestly, truly, saves and changes lives. <3 I'm so proud of Linda.
I said goodbye to everyone in my ward yesterday. It was SUPER hard. I have fallen in love with Valle Vista/Hemet. Even though it's ghetto and dangerous, the people are incredible. I'm looking forward to where I'm going, but it's really hard to leave this place behind. I said goodbye to the Macias family and we all cried. <3 They are AMAZING. They have come so far, and honestly, I feel like they've changed my life.
This week we picked up an awesome investigator, and almost picked up two more (we have return appointments with them and they're excited to learn more, but we didn't have an official first lesson, so it doesn't QUITE count). They're all amazing! One of them has two pet pigs and one of them is going to have piglets soon! <3 <3 <3 <3 I almost died. Seriously. The other is a family that just moved here from San Diego. They're SO awesome and are ready to learn! And Jean, the one we actually picked up, is the sweetest lady ever. <3
Well, I don't really have much more to say. Mission life is insane. It's stressful and crazy, but worth every minute of it. <3 Next time you hear from me, I'll be in Corona. I'm all packed and I'll be leaving here in a couple of hours. Sister Moore actually packed most of my stuff cause I was going insane and didn't really know how to pack all of my stuff up. I have an entire suitcase dedicated solely to my desk stuff.... yeah. Anywho...
I love you all SO much! 
Sister Roberts 

  I've been in Cali for like 5 months and still haven't taken a picture of a palm tree. Till now. This is outside our ghetto apartment. :) (that we love!)
  We track when it rains. <3 Surprisingly, I love tracting. Our adorable rainboots! 
 Shout out to my Daddy, DJ Roberts. :) (He's a legit DJ incase you didn't know. Check out Diamond Music Catering for your next event that needs a Dj. He's the best in the West!)
 This is Elote! It is AMAZING. It's Mexican corn covered in butter, mayo, Parmesan cheese, hot chili sauce, and chili powder, and lime juice. It sounds soooo weird, but trust me, it's the most amazing thing EVER.
 This is called a mangonada. It's SO GOOD. It's mango icecream, covered in this sweet/kinda spicy red sauce, with Mexican Candy. Again, sounds weird, but is incredible.
 Sister Garlitz really enjoys Elote. :) 
  Sister Moore is the one who told me about Elote. She quite enjoys it. :) 
 Close up of the top of Mangonada. It has fresh mango and tamarind candies and more sauce. :) 
The Easter Bunny (Sister Moore) came to our apartment. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment